XWN organizes an annual peer-to-peer workshop, hosted by a different watershed group each year. These workshops:
- Foster peer-to-peer sharing through facilitated sharing sessions and collaborative problem solving.
- Center on topics recommended by the XWN participants and relevant to the host watershed.
- Include a field portion that allows attendees to explore projects in the host watershed.
In addition to the Annual Workshop, XWN Interactive Sessions at existing conferences. These include interactive problem-solving sessions, known as case clinics and breakout discussion groups. Keep an eye out for XWN at a conference near you!
Upcoming Annual Workshops:
Stay tuned for more information about upcoming workshops! Want to be among the first to know about the next XWN workshop? Subscribe to our email list!
Previous Annual Workshops:
2017 Annual Workshop Co-hosted by the Gila Watershed Partnership
When/where: March 21st-22nd, 2017 in Stafford, AZ
Day 1 – 70 Participants gathered at the main campus of Eastern Arizona College to exchange knowledge, inquiries, and ideas on the following topics:
- Controlling undesirable and invasive species
- Lessons and strategies for effective watershed collaboration
- Case clinics on issues relevant to individual participants.
Day 2 – Participants received an overview of the Upper Gila Watershed of Arizona, and participated in three interactive sessions related to native plant propagation. They then discussed partnerships between plant growers and buyers. At the afternoon session, a field trip to a GWP river restoration site, the attendees discussed shared challenges to restoration and tried four different methods of planting post-treatment vegetation. The day concluded with a group review of the major takeaways from the workshop.
Annual Workshop hosted by ARKWIPP
When/Where: October 5th-6th, 2015 in Pueblo,CO
2016 TC Conference
When/Where: February 9th, 2016 in Grand Junction ,CO
2015 TC Conference
When/Where: February 11th, 2015 in Albuquerque, NM
2014 TC Conference
When/Where: February 19, 2014 in Grand Junction, CO